Tag Cloud

Brawn aware of Mercedes limitations as Hamilton prepares for hot Hungarian test

  • Posted on May 24, 2020 at 10:38 am

Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn is under no illusion of the problems his marque face in this weekend’s Hungarian Grand Prix in a bid to head into Formula One’s summer break on a high.

Searing temperatures are expected over Budapest, with the early race-day forecast predicting 36C, the kind of conditions the Mercedes’ duo of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg cannot cope with.

Where there is heat there is high tyre degradation on the Mercedes cars during a grand prix, which has undermined the team’s sizzling qualifying form as Hamilton and Rosberg have taken six of the last seven pole positions between them.

Add in the fact Mercedes were banned from last week’s young driver test at Silverstone where Pirelli’s new range of tyres were analysed by the other 10 teams, and the Brackley-based marque heads to the Hungaroring on the backfoot.

Following a number of high-speed blowouts during the British Grand Prix, Pirelli was forced to revise its rubber which means from this weekend last season’s construction is now married to this year’s compounds.

Mercedes, after conducting a private test with Pirelli in Barcelona in May which resulted in their ban, only have data given to them by the Italian manufacturer from the young driver test to fall back on.

Appreciating the difficulties, Brawn said: ‘The final race before the summer break is always a milestone for the team and an opportunity to review our performance before our staff enjoy a well-deserved break during the summer shutdown.

‘Our team are currently second in the constructors’ championship with two race wins to date.

‘However, the season has not been without its challenges and we have had some very tough races.

‘This happens over the course of a season and you have to take the highs and lows and find your path to making improvements.

‘Both Nico and Lewis have visited the factory in the two weeks since we returned from Germany and everyone has been working very hard to investigate our tyre sensitivities ahead of the elevated temperatures we will undoubtedly experience this weekend in Budapest.

‘Friday will also be our first opportunity to work with the new tyres on our car, so we have a great deal to learn in a short space of time.

‘We want to finish the first half of the season on a high, but the challenge facing us is clear.’ 

For Hamilton, the fact he has failed to yet win for Mercedes in his debut campaign, whilst Rosberg has taken the chequered flag twice, is irksome.

But the 28-year-old has a superb record in Hungary, winning on three occasions in his six years in F1, and there is an obvious eagerness to improve on that record.

But like Brawn, Hamilton recognises that is easier said than done.

‘It is an important weekend for us, and we need to get off to a good start on Friday when we have the chance to try the new tyres for the first time,’ said Hamilton.

‘I’ve spent some time at the factory since we returned from Germany and I know everyone is working really hard to improve our overall performance and to address the issues we experienced at the last race.

‘It would be great to reward all of that effort with a strong weekend in Budapest, and I’ll certainly

Soccer Star Pertamina Papua Followed 500 Participants

  • Posted on May 20, 2020 at 11:19 am

Pertamina talent Soccer Stars (PSS) of the 500 children aged under 14 and 16 years old, visited the town of Sorong, Papua. Hundreds of children are so excited to undergo the selection PSS held at Field Lanal, Sorong, Friday (05/7) morning.
They will compete for a share of eight players eligible Pertamina Soccer camp in September 2013, in Bandung, West Java. Previously, similar activities successfully conduct talent search in Malang, Balikpapan, Palembang and Makassar.
Not surprisingly, interest in Papua is so high. Because, Papua is known to be one of the best young players central Indonesia and subscriptions in the Indonesian national team squad. Among them, John Auri, Ronny Wabia, Boaz Salossa, Octavian Maniani to Ferinando Pahabol.
“We are very impressed with the seeds of Sorong incredible. Moreover, Pertamina pass many activities here such as marketing and exploration. Zest and zeal very large Papuan children to realize their ideals in the event Pertamina Soccer Star this time. Moreover, There are 5 young children who took part, “said Nugroho Saptiadi HR, Marketing Operations Manager Region VIII, Papua, on the Ground Lanal, Sorong.
“Having netted eight representatives of young footballers who qualify in the screening Sorong, will be gathered with representatives from other areas such as Malang, Balikpapan, Palembang and Jakarta to 48 players. From a total of 48 players, will be screened again to 24 players to be trained at Pertamina soccer, “said Saptiadi.
On this occasion, continued, also followed Julius Josel Omkarsba and Valen Maryar participants join Pertamina Soccer School in 2012. Details Soccer Star Pertamina filtering with a total of 500 participants, will be back netted 180 participants. Then continued filtered to 140. Furthermore, before the end of the screening with a total of eight players who will be brought to London, 40 participants will first show of skill.
“Not just a football school to prepare children who will qualify. But we will also prepare a formal school. We do not want to, just good at football but weak in formal education. Scholarships untu We will prepare them for three years,” said Saptiadi.
When training camp in Bandung 48 players will be coached by Pertamina Soccer School coaches comprising AC Milan Academy of local origin and the State University of Jakarta. In 2012, Pertamina Indonesia All Stars Team Challenge Team won the Milan Day Intessa San Paulo in Italy.
Indonesia became the first country which had won three times in a row winner. Additionally, two players from the selection held Pertamina entered in the U-14 national team in 2012 that Handika Bayangkara and Aziz. Arie as well as Sandy and M Alfian A squad took part into the National Student Team in Thailand.

Football: More than a passing fancy

  • Posted on May 19, 2020 at 7:39 am

It may be the height of the baseball season, but for 40 high school football teams and 800 skilled position players, Oliver Ames High School in Easton, was ground zero last Sunday, for the Under Armour 7v7 Northeast Regional (South section) passing competition.

The tournament, which was formally known as the Swampscott/Lynnfield 7 on 7 Shootout, has been sponsored by the popular sports clothing and equipment giant, Under Armour, for the last eight years and has grown to include 120 high school teams in the Northeast Region.

The other venues in the North East are Exeter (N.H).High School and Bishop Fenwick High School in Peabody.

Tournament Director, Steve Dembowski, believes the partnership with Under Armour has taken the tournament to a whole new level.

“This passing tournament is incredibly popular in the South,” said Dembowski. “It has really started to take off in the North East. We were completely sold out this year.

“The tournament began as a way to get high school teammates together in the summer to compete.  Our mission is to help all involved; players get to work on team concepts, coaches get to see the development of their players and everybody has a blast!”

A number of local area teams were well represented including teams from Braintree, Marshfield, Duxbury, Whitman-Hanson, Cardinal Spellman, Catholic Memorial and last summer’s champs from Franklin High School.

“This was an easy sell for our guys,” said Braintree head coach Brian Chamberlain, who is only an observer at the competition. Volunteers coach the teams and each team has a 20-man rosters. Each player pays $20 to participate in the competition.

And best of all, Under Armour provides two compression shirts, a pair of black shorts and other surprises for each athlete.

“The competition is excellent and for myself and our coaching staff, we get a chance to see the guys in competition. It’s a great environment.”

The Wamps were competing for the first time and impressed the third-year coach in their opening game against Framingham High School.

“I believe we have significantly upgraded our team at the skilled positions. Our tight end, Derek Anson, is looking really good,” said Chamberlain. “Anson has put a lot of time and effort in the off- season and it is paying huge dividends. He is poised for a big season.”

The Sectional finalists (South, North and East) along with the wild card selections will compete for the North East Regional title on Tuesday, July 30 at Bishop Fenwick High School. The competition begins at 5 p.m., and continues until completion around 10 p.m.

“I love the competition,” said Rockland resident and Cardinal Spellman senior Austin Joseph.

 

De Laurentiis did not want Zuniga Release

  • Posted on May 18, 2020 at 7:10 pm

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis insists Juan Camilo Zuniga is not in the list of selling in this summer.
Affirmation of the president associated with linking spekulai 27-year player with the interest of Juventus winning the Scudetto.
The Colombian player contracts that apply STAYED next season, until now there has been no sign about a new contract for a player who has strengthened the Napoli in 144 games.
“Zuniga is a Napoli player. He has given so much to the team and will continue to do so, “chirping De Laurentiis via his Twitter account.

Raikkonen: 2014 Will Be Tough Choice

  • Posted on May 17, 2020 at 9:30 pm

Silverstone – Formula-1 driver Kimi Raikkonen claimed to face difficult choices in the 2014 season. Raikkonen was in a dilemma to choose between Lotus team remain in or move to Red Bull as his new team in the 2014 season.
Raikkonen with Lotus contract will expire at the end of this season. While Red Bull has a vacancy driver in connection with the confirmation that Mark Webber will leave F1 at the end of 2013.
»It was not an easy decision,” said the Finn told the official F1 website, Formula1.com, Friday, June 28, 2013. »It’s not the first time I faced a different choice, and then had to take one of the best choices.”
Raikkonen added, »It is hard to say and choose the best one, let alone a matter of right or wrong decisions, only us who know everything.”
The 33-year-old racer was F1 world champion in 2007. He returned to F1 in 2012 after an absence of two years after trying to rally and Nascar competition. Raikkonen admitted Lotus is part of his life since returning to F1 in 2012.
»Lotus is perfect for me, without them I could not go back to F1,” said Raikkonen. »Lotus therefore a boon for the return of my career in F1, but there are some things that should fulfill your to improve my career.”

Against Chelsea, Andik Not Seek Jersey

  • Posted on May 17, 2020 at 2:59 pm

Bernard confirms offers from Shakhtar, Porto and Premier League

  • Posted on May 14, 2020 at 11:49 am

Atletico Mineiro star Bernard says he has offers from Shakhtar Donetsk and Porto as well as from Premier League clubs.

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder has been linked with Arsenal in recent weeks, with his agent hinting that he would depart after helping the Brazilian side to its first Copa Libertadores title on Wednesday.

“I’ll keep working until the board decides something about the transfer,” the youngster told Sportv. “There are offers from English football, Shakhtar and Porto.”

Elated at his role in the Libertadores triumph, Bernard claims that he would remain at his club for the rest of his life if it were feasible but believes a decision is not in his hands.

“If I could, I would stay here the rest of my life,” Bernard said. “I don’t know what can happen with me but, if I leave, I know I will have done my job.

“I have said a thousand times that I want to stay, but it doesn’t depend on me now.

“I made it clear that, if I stay or not, I wanted to leave here with an important title. It’s up to God to decide if I stay or not, up to God, [Atletico Mineiro’s] presidency and the board.

“I am very happy and I want to celebrate this title, which is one of the most important ones I will have in my life.”

Moyes Wants Rooney in Stockholm

  • Posted on May 11, 2020 at 12:24 am

While the future of Wayne Rooney continues to be associated with Chelsea, David Moyes confirmed that it will play a player who was ‘upset’ when against AIK in Stockholm next month.
“I hope Wayne is located in Stockholm,” said the successor to Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United legend.
“As far as I know he would join, he has started practicing jogging, the situation continues to improve,” said Moyes.
About Chelsea who kept trying to get the British star, back Moyes insists Rooney is not for sale.
“We have insisted he was not for sale and it has not changed”.

Manchester United bid Bale with Fantastic Price

  • Posted on May 9, 2020 at 1:39 pm

gareth bale (Google image)

In the transfer market this season Manchester United were very active. After Thiago now failing to get the team made David Moyes wants to bring Tottenham winger Gareth Bale.

As reported by the Daily Mirror, Manchester United Bale daring bid for a price of £ 60 million or around Rp 927 billion to bring the players from Wales.

By bringing Bale is expected to replace the current Manchester United striker who wants to leave Old Trafford, Wayne Rooney.

Bale’s move to Manchester United’s Premier League will finish before rolling on August 17. This is because the amount of bids submitted by Manchester United to the Tottenham Hotspurs.

Tottenham previously always rejected bids submitted by the top clubs and one of them is Real Madrid, to buy Gareth Bale. Bale purchase is also believed to be a request from the New Manager of Manchester United, David Moyes.

Top